The three things that keep moms moving are her morning coffee, the good chocolates, and a relaxing evening cocktail (or 3) so Orlando Moms Blog has created a series of videos centered around these must haves. Each installment we will bring you a recipe, a craft, or just some mom-time chit chat to get you through your day.
Look for these videos a few times a month on our Facebook page and make sure and set up your notifications so you are one of the first to see when we go live. No worries if you missed the first one, it can be found here, on YouTube, or embedded at the bottom of this post!
Our Debut Episode
In our debut episode we decided to embrace the stay-at-home mom stereotype that we all sit around watching TV and eating bonbons all day by showing you how simple it is to make red wine infused bonbons and talking about our favorite shows to binge watch when we do have the time. We had a blast making these chocolates (and drinking the wine) and hope you will love them too.
Red Wine and Coffee Infused Bonbons – Serving Suggestion 2 (or just you, while you’re binge watching…duh!)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp instant coffee
8 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
8 oz dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
- Chop chocolate and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Bring cream to a boil and whisk in instant coffee. Once blended pour over chocolate.
- Allow chocolate and cream mixture to sit for 2 minutes before stirring to combine.
- Once combined, add vanilla, wine, and butter (one at a time) and stir until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 – 12 hours.
- Remove ganache from fridge and using a cookie scoop or melon ball scoop the chocolate into equal balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place the bonbons back in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden back up.
- Make the dipping chocolate by melting the remainder of chocolate, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt together. Remove from heat.
- Pour dipping chocolate into a bowl and use a fork to lower bonbons into chocolate. Once coated place back on cookie sheet and top (if wanted) with sprinkles, jimmies, or a little sea salt.
- Keep bonbons in fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Our Bingeworthy TV Shows
Moms may not have all the time in the world to bingewatch tv, but we do need something on in the background while folding laundry or to help relax after the kids are down for bed. While making our bonbons Kristi and I shared some of our favorite shows to bingewatch.
Kristi recommends 24: Legacy which she watches with her husband, Chopped because she is not a good cook and is looking for inspiration, and This Is Us since everyone is sobbing into their wine glass about it. I recommend Grey’s Anatomy because I resisted watching it for 12 years before happily hopping on the train, The West Wing since it gives me the perfect balance of entertainment and education about how politics in the United States works, and Gilmore girls because the coffee told me to.
What are your favorite shows to bingewatch and how do you find the time to keep up on your favorite shows?
Keep an eye out for our upcoming Facebook Lives!