When I became a mom, all of a sudden I felt like I had to become a “Pinterest Mom”. I was really excited about it too! I love crafting, cooking, and baking so I thought I’d be fantastic at it. Well…not so much. Every time I get an idea, I start pinning like crazy, foolishly thinking I have the time to work on every project or make every recipe. As always, I end up buying the supplies/ingredients and end up doing something completely different. Let’s face it, with my work schedule, kids schedules and lack of time, I’m lucky if I have time to do one little craft project a week. Now that my daughter is 4, she gets more involved in selecting the crafts or treats we make for school.
Last year for Valentine’s day we made these adorable applesauce Love Bugs.
The year before we made Robots out of applesauce, juice boxes and raisins.
Two years ago I made little felt hearts and filled them with Gold Fish crackers and Lucky Charms treats.
Here are some of my favorite Valentine’s Day themed crafts, treats, & recipes:
For the Kids:
- DIY Pink & Red Cheerios from The Proper Blog
- Fresh Fruit Pops from Mommy Kat and Kids
- Marshmallow Love Bugs from The Decorated Cookie
- Melon Kabobs from Be Different Act Normal
- White Chocolate Valentine’s Day Popcorn from A Designer Life
- Valentine M&M Butterfly Treats from Crafty Morning
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Pops from Happiness is Homemade
- Lil Love Monsters from Eighteen25
- Easy Valentine’s Day mini cakes from Oh Nuts
- Valentine’s Day Cupid Arrow Pancake Kabobs from This Ole Mom
- Love Bug Hats from Do It Yourself Divas
- A Lovely Valentine Art for Kids from Momista Beginnings
Gifts for teacher:
- DIY Vintage Valentine Candy Jar from Chic Tags
- Hugs and Kisses Gumball Machine from Joy Unexpected
- Valentine Glitter Votives from Mason Jar Crafts
- Old-Fashioned Candy “Milkshakes” from Baker Girl
- Thanks for Putting Your Heart Into Teaching Printable from Eighteen25
- Valentine’s Candy Wreath from Crazy Little Projects
- Cupcake Take Along from Nichole Heady
- Valentine Donut Printables from Eighteen25
Happy Valentine’s Day! And happy pinning!