Halloween. Just mentioning the word and two things come to mind.
Costumes & Candy.
Unfortunately, my daughter has a peanut allergy, which makes our trick-or-treat season a tricky one. Peanuts is either in a lot of candies or the candy itself is manufactured in a peanut/nut facility, making it hard for my daughters to enjoy Halloween. I know that my girls love candy, but they also love non-candy treats.
I recently discovered The Teal Pumpkin Project, which is a way to encourage people to offer nonfood treats like stickers, glow sticks, and Halloween rings and stamps. Displaying a teal pumpkin on your front porch lets parents and kids know you’ve got allergy-free treats for them.
Here are some of our favorites non-candy treats, that won’t break the bank! A lot of these items can be found at the Dollar Store, Dollar section at Target, Oriental Trading, or my favorite, Amazon!
- Mini Halloween Magic Springs
- Glow Stick Bracelets
- Monster Tattoos
- Halloween Pencil
- Play Doh
- Vampire Fangs
- Silly Bands
- Glitter Sticky Hands
- Plastic Glitter Rings
- Halloween Character Bubbles
- Halloween Pencils
- Halloween Erasers
- Mini Glitter Yo-Yos
- LED Finger Lights
- Glow In The Dark Bouncing Balls
- Flying Stretchable Lizards & Frogs
- Glow In The Dark Halloween Spider Rings
- Pirate Eye Patches
- Mustache Fun Set
- Glow in the Dark Assortment Pack
- Glow In The Dark Critter Assortment
- Stress Earth Globe Balls
- Halloween Reflector Pin Craft Kit
- Glider Planes
- Disney Frozen Temporary Tattoos
- Marvel AVENGERS Temporary Tattoos
- Plush Animal Print Spiral Bound Notebooks
- Mardi Gras Beads
- Slap Bracelets
To help families with food allergies know that you are giving out Non-Candy Treats join The Teal Pumpkin Project, by simply painting a small pumpkin Teal and placing it at your front door.
Do you have any other ideas that I missed? Share them with us below!