It happens every (new) year…resolutions. Besides flossing, I always seem to vow to myself that I will:
- Eat healthy.
- Cook more.
- Save money.
Well, good news everybody! This recipe hits 3 of my most common New Year’s resolutions and I am excited to share it with you. It is healthy, quick and seriously delicious. If you are looking to spice up some boring chicken breasts and turn them into an easy weeknight meal while not adding some unwanted lbs, look no further…this is it!
Baked Salsa Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 package of taco seasoning (can be reduced sodium)
1 C mild salsa (hotter is fine…if you can handle it)
1 C shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 9×9 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with cheese and back an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To save even more time, disposable baking dishes are totally acceptable!
- I love to serve this over black beans as a money saving (and healthy) side.
- Top with reduced fat sour cream for some added yumminess.