Rain, rain, GO AWAY!
Living in Central Florida, it’s inevitable that rain will be “in the forecast”! But every now and then we have some storms that tend to linger. Here are some RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES to keep the the kiddos active and the parents sane!
Let them run off some energy at…
2. Amaya Papaya Play Lounge, an indoor playground for children ages 0-5. Located in Cassleberry.
3. Grammy’s Indoor Playground. Also made for the little ones (ages 0-5). Grammy’s Fairytale Theatre is held Mondays at 4pm. Located on Aloma Avenue in Winter Park.
4. RDV Ice Den. Year round ice skating! Dig out your coat and gloves (do you even HAVE gloves?!?), and tie on a pair of ice skates for open skate at RDV. Visit their website for public skate times and prices.
5. Kids bouncing off the walls? Take them to Rebounderz in Apopka, or Boing!, a giant indoor trampoline facility in Oviedo. Live closer to downtown? Try Airheads. Or, do you have kids that span a wide range of ages? Monkey Joe’s might be a good fit for you.
6. Bowling. Call a friend, find an alley near your house, and get there early. You’ll find wide open lanes and an hour (or more) of fun for the kids while you sit back and catch up with your gal pal. Tip: call ahead to make sure you don’t visit during league time.
7. Artegon Sky Trail. Kids can burn their endless energy as they hop from element to element for loads of fun!
Stimulate their minds at…
1. The Orlando Science Center. Loved by locals for its diverse exhibits, well-priced annual pass and super cool skybridge, kids of all ages find OSC fascinating. Open daily.
2. The Orange County Regional History Center. Located in the heart of downtown Orlando, the History Center is smart, surprising and fun. Best suited for school-aged children.
3. Mad Science! With lots of class options, you’re sure to find something that works for your schedule.
4. Your local library! With over 20 branches around Central Florida, the library is a great way to spend an afternoon or two over break. Orange County branches can be found here, and Seminole County branches can be found here!
5. WonderWorks!, where kids can try to stand in hurricane-force winds, lie on a bed of nails, float through the ocean in a virtual submarine, and get trapped inside a giant bubble!