You are certain to impress your guests with these Spiced Nogg Truffles! I first received this recipe from my good friend Vickie. She has the ability to turn your bad day into a good day, just by sitting at her kitchen table with a cup of coffee. These truffles are TO. DIE. FOR.
Spiced Nogg Truffles
What You’ll Need
- 6 oz cream cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
- 2 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp rum extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 rounded tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- A generous pinch of ground cloves
- 8 oz white baking chocolate
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions.
- Thoroughly mix together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, rum, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add the melted white chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm and can be easily rolled.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on a waxed paper lined tray and refrigerate until ready to coat with the white baking chocolate.
- Melt half the white baking chocolate according to the package instructions. It is easier to work with half the ingredients as the chocolate cools making the chocolate to firm to coat the balls easily.
- Using a fork, dip one truffle at a time into the melted chocolate. Gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate. Using a sharp knife place the coated ball on a wax paper lined tray.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chocolate and truffles.
- Put the remaining melted chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag.
- Cut the corner of the bag and pipe a design onto the finished truffles.
Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Place the truffles in an air tight container with wax paper between the layers. Refrigerate. Yields 40 Truffles.