The wait is over, dessert fans
The Americas Cake Fair (Cake Fair), the largest trade and consumer show in North and South America dedicated to cake, chocolate, sugar arts and more, rolls into the Orange County Convention Center on October 13-15, 2017. More than 10,000 baking professionals, industry buyers, pastry chefs, cake artists, retail bakers, hobbyists and everyday foodies from around the world are expected to attend the three-day celebration, which held its inaugural show in 2015.
Headlining the live theater (main stage) is “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, star of the hit TLC show; Mich Turner, whose clientele includes The Queen of England, Madonna and David Beckham; pastry genius Ron Ben-Israel, named “the Manolo Blahnik of wedding cakes” by The New York Times; Nancy Fuller, host of Food Network’s Farmhouse Rules; and Natalie and Dave Sideserf, the husband-wife hosts of Food Network’s Texas Cake House.
Presentations by Sponsor Domino Sugar, demonstrations by cake designers Erin Gardner (Erin Bakes), Paul Bradford, Shawna McGreevy, Avalon Yarnes and Edwald Notter, plus award ceremonies for live challenges and cake competitions, round out the main stage line-up. Keeping the fun “rolling” along is Main Stage Host and Celebrity Chef Emily Ellyn, best known as the Retro Rad Chef from Food Network.
While seeing is believing (and inspiring!), attendees can build their skills at more than 100 hands-on classes, demonstrations and business seminars taught by the world’s most skilled cake decorators and industry professionals. From the art of airbrushing to mastering chocolate modeling, all classes and demonstrations will provide instruction on the latest techniques. All classes are three hours in duration and must be booked in advance online.
Other Cake Fair features include:
- The Sugar Art Fashion Show on Friday evening, October 13, with models strutting the runway adorned by cake costumes and edible ensembles, co-hosted by Ellyn and Fashion Stylist / On-Air Style Expert Melanie Pace, and benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
- An exclusive VIP Meet & Greet on Saturday, October 14, where guests can meet and mingle with their favorite television personalities, headliners and cake artists
- Live Global Cake and Chocolate Challenges, where international teams and individuals will battle for top honors
- Traditional cake competitions offering cash prizes for contestants across all skill levels
- Themed “zones” sprinkled around the show floor, including a Kids Zone for a yummy interactive experience for budding cake artists; and The ACD Magazine Cake Zone sponsored by American Cake Decorating Magazine for a delectable introduction to fondant and other skills
- An exhibit hall overflowing with products and services, including some items for cash and carry.
Attendees can enjoy sweet savings by purchasing tickets online, and can save even more when attending the show on multiple, consecutive days. Prices start from $30 for regular, single-day adult admission with advance online purchase. Advance registration is highly recommended for hands-on classes, demonstrations and Retail Bakers Association seminars.
Cake Fair is hosted by Satin Ice, which is made by Satin Fine Foods, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer distributing its premium range of cake decorating products to more than 60 countries worldwide. Partners and sponsors of The Americas Cake Fair include American Cake Decorating; Ateco; Cake Masters; Dawn; DecoPac; Domino Sugar; Guittard Chocolate Company; Pillsbury; Retail Bakers of America; and Sterling Bank.